Yoga is one of the most popular forms of exercise and is an excellent way to get fit while also decreasing stress and increasing flexibility. There are so many different types of yoga poses to choose from, but some are better than others when it comes to providing the most benefits in a short amount of time. Here are some of the best yoga poses to try right now if you’re looking for a quick and effective body-transforming workout.
Yoga Increases Flexibility and Balance
Flexibility and balance are the two biggest benefits of doing yoga. Improved balance allows us to move through our daily lives with better coordination, while increased flexibility helps us to better reach our limbs and otherwise move our bodies with ease. Here are some of the top yoga poses that can help you quickly build both flexibility and balance:
• warrior 1 – This pose strengthens the legs and arms and opens up the hips.
• chair pose – This pose helps to build strength and improve posture.
• tree pose – This pose helps strengthen the core and improve balance.
• downward facing dog – This pose stretches the entire body, while also strengthening the arms and legs.
Yoga Improves Cardio and Weight Loss
Yoga is not only a great way to increase flexibility and balance, but it can also be an excellent form of cardio exercise that helps to burn calories and promote weight loss. Here are some of the best yoga poses to try if you’re looking to lose some weight:
• sun salutation – This makes for a great warm-up to any yoga session, increasing the heart rate and burning some extra calories.
• plank pose – Plank pose helps to engage the core and improve posture, while also burning calories and strengthening the arms, shoulders, and back.
• bird pose – This pose helps to target the glutes, quads, and abdomen, all at the same time.
• bridge pose – This pose increases the heart rate and helps to strengthen the back, butt, and legs.
Yoga Improves Strength and Endurance
Yoga is a great way to build both strength and endurance. Here are some of the best yoga poses to try to increase your strength and endurance level:
• chair pose – This pose helps to strengthen the back, legs and abdomen, while also helping to improve posture.
• plank pose – Plank pose helps to target the core, as well as the arms, shoulders, and back.
• half moon pose – This pose helps to strengthen the legs, arms and core, while also helping to increase balance.
• warrior 3 – This pose helps to strengthen the legs, arms and core, while also improving balance.
Yoga Improves Mental Health
Yoga does more than just help to get the body into shape, it can also help to improve mental health by calming the mind and reducing stress. Here are some of the top yoga poses to try to improve mental health and reduce stress levels:
• child’s pose – This pose helps to relax the mind and reduce stress.
• bridge pose – This pose helps to relax the mind and body, as well as improve circulation.
• mountain pose – This pose helps to increase focus and improve breathing.
• corpse pose – This is a great way to end any yoga session and helps to relax the muscles and mind.
By practicing these poses regularly, you can quickly and easily achieve the physical and mental health goals you have set for yourself. Not everyone is able to make it to a yoga studio in-person for class, so you can try finding online streaming classes or instructional videos to practice at home. With regular practice, you can start to see big improvements in your strength, flexibility, balance, and mental health.