Summertime is the perfect time to make a delicious classic strawberry pie. The sweet, tart, and juicy strawberries provide a beautiful balance between the sweetness of the crust and the tartness of the filling. It is a wonderful dish to share with friends and family on a warm summer day or for an outdoor picnic. It’s quick and easy to make and your guests will love it!
How to Perfect Your Strawberry Pie Crust
Making the perfect pie crust is essential for the best homemade strawberry pie. Preparing the crust requires little effort and a few basic ingredients.
-2½ cups all-purpose flour
-½ teaspoon salt
-1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter
-5 tablespoons ice-cold water
- Start by combining the flour and salt in a large bowl until combined.
- Cut the cold butter into small pieces and add them to the bowl.
- Use your hands to work the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Slowly add the ice-cold water, mixing until the dough forms a ball.
- Gently knead the dough until it is smooth and pliable.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Tips for the Perfect Pie Crust
Chill the butter and water to ensure that your crust is flaky and light.
-Work quickly to avoid the crust becoming too warm.
-Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to ensure clean lines and well-shaped edges.
-Always chill the crust before baking to lock in the flavor and texture.
The Perfect Strawberry Pie Filling
Nothing beats a classic strawberry pie topped with a dollop of soft, sweet, and tart cream. The filling is simple to prepare and can be made a few hours ahead of time so that it can chill and set.
-3 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
-1 cup sugar
-½ cup cornstarch
-½ teaspoon salt
-2 teaspoon lemon juice
-2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Using a medium-sized bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the halved strawberries, lemon juice, and butter together.
- Add the sugar mixture to the strawberries and stir until fully blended.
- Pour the filling into your prepared crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden-brown.
Tips for the Perfect Strawberry Pie Filling
Make sure the fresh strawberries are ripe and sweet.
-If the pie filling is too tart, add more sugar.
-Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the most flavorful filling.
-If the pie filling is too runny, add more cornstarch.
-Be sure to cool the pie completely before serving.
How to Serve Your Summer Strawberry Pie
Once the pie has cooled, it’s time to serve it.
- Place the pie onto a large serving plate or platter.
- Decorate the edges with a strip of crumbled pie crust.
- Dust with powdered sugar for a pretty presentation.
- Cut the pie into slices and top with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream.
Tips for Serving Your Strawberry Pie
Serve the pie slightly warm for a perfectly gooey and delicious treat.
-Whipped cream is the best topping for a classic strawberry pie.
-Crushed graham crackers or shortbread cookies make a great topping for additional flavor.
-If you want to add a little color, try using a few sprigs of mint leaves or fresh berries.
Strawberry pie is the perfect summertime dessert. It is easy to make, incredibly delicious, and sure to be a hit with the family. From the flaky crust to the sweet and tart filling, this classic recipe is sure to become a summer staple. So grab the ingredients, whip up a pie, and enjoy a slice while you celebrate summertime in all its glory!